In the Gärten der Begegnung, people from all generations and points of the compass come together. The grounds and events are basically open to all – everyone is welcome!
We pay attention to natural cultivation without artificial fertilisers and poisons. We try to garden in harmony with nature and in a resource-saving way by using rainwater, composting, natural landscaping and nesting aids for birds and wild bees.
In addition to gardening together, we organise intercultural, culinary and musical events.
What is special about the gardens is the high degree of internationality. The association sees itself as a forum in which new forms of communication emerge from the diversity of languages, ways of working, art and life experiences.
The board of the association works according to the “Bamberg Model” and currently consists of six members and several assessors. Currently, 36 beds are cultivated, there are 41 active gardeners and 50 other members who support the association.
The association with all its activities, the garden, events and projects is financed by the support of the city of Bayreuth, as well as by donations and contributions from members and supporters.
If you want to know more about the structure of our association, you can find our statutes here or write us an email.
When the new gardening year begins at the end of March, we would like to bundle the commitment of the association members into six new working groups. The aim of these groups is to be able to better implement the interests and ideas of the members. In addition, the members can easily get in touch with each other and get to know each other better while working together, organising and communicating in small groups. The concrete tasks in the groups can also make it easier for new members to integrate into the club, make a contribution and network.
Members can participate in one of the following working groups:
- Intercultural communication: promotion of multilingualism, breaking down language barriers, translations of emails, contents of the homepage, forms and signs in the garden, work with pictograms.
- Garden knowledge: Knowledge transfer on the topic of gardens, gardening and plants, cultivation methods, sustainable and economical use of water.
- Garden maintenance: Maintenance of the communal beds and areas, the technical equipment and the children’s play units.
- Construction measures: Organisation and implementation of small and larger construction measures, e.g. laying the water pipe or planning the new garden fence.
- Public relations: press work, creation and updating of flyers and advertising material, making our association visible, cooperation with other initiatives.
- Events: Organisation and implementation of internal and external events with the support of all association members.
Currently, the board members still act as contact persons for the respective working groups with the support of the chairpersons. In the longer term, however, the aim is for the groups to become autonomous. The groups are also welcome to set up new small groups with special topics, such as the group “Dealing with water” in the garden knowledge working group.